Restoration of our 1980 Hunter 27 sailboat

Documenting the restoration and sailing of our boat, also this will be a source of information about these boats. I will have brochures, manuals, and specifications available. Photos will be posted and they are also viewable in my Flickr stream on the right. Documentation I collect on the boat is also on the right.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Gathering Parts















The last couple weeks I have been gathering parts, a set of ST50 wind, depth, and speed instruments and an 18 watt solar panel. I also painted a section of sailfish hull I kept just for this purpose, it's an experiment on stripper methods. I'm going to try Easy-Off on the deck paint which I believe is a single part paint. The Easy-Off should easily strip it while not harming the gelcoat. I'm not too worried about harming the gelcoat because I plan on painting with a 2-part paint and adding some sort of non-skid in sheet form, like Treadmaster or Nautolex Decko-Dot. Maybe even go ALL OUT and get some Flexiteek, although it's pretty expensive.

Tomorrow I'm going to actually PAY for the boat, and start some work! But not much work as it's supposed to be 20f max. I'm going to measure the companionway drop boards, cutlass bearing, remove the exhaust elbow, change the lock to MY lock, install the solar panel and check the batteries. I might move the batteries as well, I do not like where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment