Restoration of our 1980 Hunter 27 sailboat

Documenting the restoration and sailing of our boat, also this will be a source of information about these boats. I will have brochures, manuals, and specifications available. Photos will be posted and they are also viewable in my Flickr stream on the right. Documentation I collect on the boat is also on the right.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's official! It's ours!

It's official, the boat is mine. I went down today to collect the sails, cushions, batteries,and begin the work. First of all, the electrical system is a joke, everything non-Hunter has to go. The previous owner may have been an excellent aircraft mechanic, and maintained the engine perfectly, but he knew nothing about boat electrical. he has 2 batteries in there, a Die Hard sealed car battery (11.5v) and a "USED BATTERY" (completely dead). Gonna be used as a core for trade in along with the other one. This is where the batteries and charger were before I ripped everything out. I will be moving the batteries underneath the seat just behind the switch panels, and rewiring pretty much everything.


I also gathered the sails and cushions, it has one good sail, the genoa, and 3 junk sails.

No comments:

Post a Comment