Restoration of our 1980 Hunter 27 sailboat

Documenting the restoration and sailing of our boat, also this will be a source of information about these boats. I will have brochures, manuals, and specifications available. Photos will be posted and they are also viewable in my Flickr stream on the right. Documentation I collect on the boat is also on the right.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Converting the nav station and moving the electrical panel...


Now that my boat is home I have accelerated the work on the electrical system and the nav station conversion. As I outlined in my previous post I wanted a nav station like the later H27's and I want to move the electrical panel up to a normal level, and not on the floor like it is now. Here is the hanging locker as it came from the factory...


The reason is, I want a place to sit other than the setee table, and that electrical panel is in the worst possible position. Not only can you step on the switches and break them (look, one is already broken) but if you take a wave over the stern, that's the first thing that's going to get wet. So, here's the destruction and rebuilding...




And today I bought a $39 copt of the Fein multitool at Harbor Freight, it's an amazing little tool, I was able to trim and cut out the new electrical panel in 1/4 the time it would have taken with a drill and a jigsaw. It's not finished yet, but you can get an idea what I'm doing. I still have a lot of trimming and finishing left to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment